In This Section
Lords Case Study
This project delivered an online website to enable users to plan their journey to Lords Cricket Ground across various different modes of transport and view the different facilities available from each mode of transport.
The purpose of the website built was to:
- Encourage users to travel to the venue by public transport
- Assist visitors using public transport to reach the venue;
- Assist visitors with a disability with where to park; and
- Display local ‘areas of interest’ near to Lords Cricket Ground
The main features of the site include:
- Allowing bus users to see routes and bus stops in the vicinity of the venue
- Showing nearest transport nodes to the venue
- Showing preferred walking route from the tube station to the venue
Figure 1.0 shows part of the functionality delivered for this project. This details the bus routes for the particular area and users are able to select to view the animated bus route and stops to ensure that they get off/on at the right bus stop.
Other facilities offered on the website include: The integration of SMS text directions for visitors that do not wish to print out maps;
A car park calculator where users can select the day, time and • approximate duration of their stay and be provided with a cost and distance to the venue (see figures 2.0 and 2.1)
The Car Park Calculator has also been adapted for disabled drivers i.e. criteria of roof top restrictions (wheelchairs carried on top of the car) as well as Accessibility grading.